Paint Problems- Causes and Fixes
When paint lifts and creates a blister or bubble like effect it’s usually caused by the loss of good adhesion/application of the paint to the painted surface, as well as inexperienced painters.
Most often and most commonly this condition will lead to the paint peeling from the wall or other surface it was applied to. If not properly taken care of it re-occurs.
Paint Problems The Causes
Some of the reasons why Paint bubbles, peeling occur
- It can be caused by heat, moisture or both. Applying Paint on a damp, dirty or hot surface (such as an exterior porch, fence or deck) after being exposed to nature’s elements
- Application of alkyd paint product over the latex paint product
- Insufficient, inexperienced and improper surface prep
- Extreme moisture, such as in bathrooms, where there is no fan or window to be opened to let out some of the hot water moisture.
Paint Problems and Fixes
How to stop, prevent and avoid Paint bubbling or peeling
- Prepare the surface where the paint is to be applied by ensuring it is clean and dry and free from moisture. For example for an exterior staining or painting of a deck or fence, we as professional Ottawa Painter would ensure the wood was dry for at least 3-5 solid days of sun and heat. The sun will have soaked up all the moisture on the wood and the heat helps everything dry up, including the stain or paint that is to be applied 🙂
- A paint primer or sealer is also a perfect product to apply onto wood, over stains
- If we are painting a wall on the interior of your house we will ensure that any drywall joint compound is properly sanded, wiped and primed with a latex paint or primer
Tips on How to Fix those Paint bubbles, blisters or paint peeling
As Professional Ottawa House Painters we at PG PAINT & DESIGN would first advise you on the above noted tips on preventing / stopping and avoiding those troublesome issues with paint peeling or bubbling if you were trying to DIY it 🙂 If you are calling on or using Our House Painting Services for both Interior House Painting and Exterior Paint, we treat every home painting project the same. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and we take pride in being professional Ottawa Painters our reputation from the reviews & testimonials on our website are a reference for you.
PG PAINT & DESIGN SOLUTIONS
As your professional painter we would do the following:
- Ensure all drywall is properly scraped to remove those bubbles or peeled paint, properly seal and or patch with drywall compound mix and then properly sand and wipe down the area before applying a paint primer, and before the finish coat of paint.
- Ensure that the problem area is completely smooth, apply the primer and follow it with a quality Benjamin Moore Paint product whether for Interior House Painting or for Exterior Paint or Stains all Benjamin Moore Products are of top quality and we have been using them for all our years in the painting business. See some of our portfolio on the Houzz.com Community Page for PG Paint & Design
Contact Us to set up your free in Home Personal Paint Consultation with Ottawa’s House Painting Professional